So, this is perhaps THE most favorite dish in our house right now. And I'm about to share this super easy recipe with you today. For Cheesy Corn Casserole!
I love mac n' cheese and corn, so when you mix the two together, it's pretty much awesome in my book. I make Trent cook this all the time. :)
I've seen a ton of variations online, but Trent likes to experiment with his own, so this is his version. The below recipe makes enough for a small family meal (both of us had enough for 2 helpings plus a little extra). For a bigger group, I would double this.
1 can cream corn
1 can whole kernel corn
1 cup pasta (rotini or elbow macaroni)
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese
Handful shredded cheddar cheese
Optional: garlic and onion for garnish
- Add cans of cream and whole kernel corn together in a casserole dish, and mix in a cup of pasta.
- Add small blocks of Velveeta cheese, spreading evenly around dish.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour, covered.
- Take out and spread a layer of shredded cheddar cheese and garnish on top.
- Bake for another 1/2 hour, uncovered, at same temp.
A couple of notes:
- A lot of variations I've seen use butter in this, too, but we like it just fine without it.
- We've used elbow macaroni in the past, but last time we used rotini (the spiral noodles), and found it to be just as good!
Hope you enjoy!