I have to be honest...Thanksgiving was never my favorite holiday as a kid. It was just another family get together where we ate a big meal and went to both Grandparents' houses. There were no presents like at Christmas time, no Easter egg hunts or fireworks...there was nothing "fun" about Thanksgiving.
|Image from here - visit the link for directions on how to make that banner!|
So I thought I would list a few things I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving, because as I've come to realize, I have a lot of things to be thankful for!
- I'm thankful for the house that Trent and I have together, which we were GIVEN and have shared many memories in together so far. Even though it has caused us frustration at times and has a LOT of improvements left to make...it has been too fun of a journey making it our own that we wouldn't trade it in for a new one quite yet.
- I'm thankful for Trent and the fact that we have spent 5 1/2 years together and our relationship is as close to perfect as I could ever ask for. We've lived together for over 3 years now and accept each other's faults. He cooks for me, and I pick up after him. ;)
- I'm thankful for having grown up with a loving and caring family. To have no worries at all because we always knew we were taken care of, and we always knew we had a house and two parents to come home to at the end of everyday.
- I'm thankful for Trent's family, that they have always been nothing but kind to me, and the fact that they live so close. They are always here for us to lend a hand whenever we need it, whether it's helping to start my car, watching Saleen when we're away, helping with our yard sale, getting our taxes done, or having a place to put our trash every Tuesday night. :)
- I'm thankful for my amazing and reliable car that has been awesome over the past year and a half. It gets me from point A to point B everyday, and I have had very little issues with it. One less thing I have to worry about.
- I'm thankful that I have the ability to keep calm in stressful situations and can always look on the bright side of things. I balance Trent out because of this, which is one reason we are pretty much the perfect match.
- I'm thankful that I get to be a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding next summer. I cannot wait, and am so excited that I finally get to be a bridesmaid!
- I'm thankful for all of the people I've met in my life, whether it be coworkers, classmates, teachers, family, friends, or just acquaintances that I said hello and goodbye to once in a while. So many people have played a part in who I am or have influenced me in some way. I love learning from other people and the different personalities they have, good or bad.
- I'm thankful to have known all of my grandparents and to have been able to spend so much time with them as a kid. You don't fully appreciate them until they are gone sometimes. To have had such loving and caring grandparents as I have is definitely something to be thankful for.
- Finally, I am thankful that my parents made me go to Sunday school and church every Sunday growing up. Even though it was sometimes a pain getting up early in the morning to go to Sunday school when all I wanted to do was sleep in, growing up with a church community that I came to know almost like family, who watched us grow up, and most importantly, taught me morals and values that helped make me who I am today, is truly a blessing looking back. Another thing you never realize until you are older and can appreciate it.
So what are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Ok, let's be real. I can't wait to stuff my face today and do some online shopping tonight. :p
H A P P Y T H A N K S G I V I N G